MAY 20-21, 2017
Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center
VOLUNTEERS ARE FULL AT THIS TIME!!! THANK YOU!!
HOW DO I VOLUNTEER?
You must be at least 18 years of age or older.
You must be legally eligible to work in the USA.
You must be available to work a minimum of one 10-hour day either, Saturday or Sunday during the convention May 20-21, 2017.
Please note that although we do receive many out of town requests to volunteer, MusicCon is not responsible for travel OR accommodations.
Rules & Regulations:
Thank you for applying to volunteering at MusicCon 2017. We acknowledge that your presence is essential to the smooth function of the con. We ask that you please follow these guidelines to allow everyone to have the fullest experience possible.
1. Please respect all boundaries of featured and special guests. Do not ask for pictures or autographs or free merchandise (sketches and/or sellable material). We want the guests of MusicCon to feel comfortable.
2. Respect the property of the convention site, the fans, guests, staff members and fellow volunteers.
3. Respect the decisions of the MusicCon Staff Members.
4. Do not give your volunteer t-shirt to an unapproved volunteer or regular attendee.
5. Deal with conflicts or issues in an appropriate manner. Please find a MusicCon Staff to handle any problems that may occur.
6. To be courteous to co-workers and patrons, volunteers will practice clean personal hygiene. Please avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
7. Volunteers are asked to dress casually and appropriately. No ripped jeans, short shorts or skirts, offensive shirts, etc.
WHAT REWARDS DO I GET?
Volunteers are the heart of the show! Besides working with an amazing family of volunteers, vendors, staff, celebrities you will also receive:
• When on break, you‘ll have full access to MusicCons exhibits. You can attend panels, participate in games, go to Q&A’s, and purchase photo/autograph sessions
• A discount on MusicCon Merchandise
• Meal Voucher
• 1 Photo Op per day that you volunteer (Only Volunteer in Photo)
• A chance to be part of the community while having fun
• And last but not least, a MusicCon Volunteer T-Shirt
Please Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Name, Email, Cell Phone, T-Shirt Size, EXPERIENCE
What days will you volunteer?
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
What shifts will you volunteer for?
Friday Set-up: 5pm-9pm
Saturday Night After Party: 7pm-Midnight (Just a few people needed)
Sunday breakdown: 5pm-6pm
Please send your 1st, 2nd and 3rd Choices of Available Positions:
Tally, Escorts, Security, Ticketing, Photo-Ops, Panels, Merchandise, Line Control and Relief Team
MusicCon invites qualified working journalists to submit a registration request for a complimentary media pass that provides:
- Exhibit floor access to the event during hours open to the public
- Limited access to seminars and panels based on capacity
- Potential interview opportunities with MusicCon personnel and guests, as directed
TO REGISTER: Complete the Press Credential Application and submit it with all required information via email or mail. All applications must be completed with all required information and received no later than April 30, 2017, to be considered. Submit one form for each applicant.
Media credentials are reserved for working members of the media only. This includes editors, reporters, writers, bloggers, producers, camera crews, and still photographers. Employees of media outlets who do not work in an editorial capacity are not qualified for a media credential.
If accepted, applicants will get a confirmation email with pickup instructions and other relevant info about two weeks prior to the event.
MusicCon reserves the right to modify this policy without public notice and may deny any applicant a media badge. Submitting the registration form does not automatically qualify applicants for credentials. All qualified media must be prepared to show valid photo identification and a business card.
For Press Inquiries contact: